Saturday, May 8, 2010

I'm officially channeling Julia Child

My first attempt at cooking was a HUGE success.  It was my Mothers birthday so I made chicken cordon bleu, asparagus with the much feared hollandaise sauce.  I have heard horror stories of curdled sauce and I figured I would have to attempt it a few dozen times.  But, luck would have it the first batch was perfect.  My Mom is encouraging me so much she even bought me a new set of pots and pans. 

So for a Mother's Day Extravaganza I'm hoping lighting will strike twice and create another tasty meal of  Paupiettes de Boeuf.

In honor of Mother's Day I found some great and unique gift ideas on Etsy.

The first goodie I found is from reimaginedtreasures



This ruffled full apron is hand sewn from beautiful recycled 1950's pink toile dotted with lime green and turquoise pears and apples. Above the ruffle is a retro lime and white daisy trim! A row of little lime buttons decorates the bodice. (J. Manes fabric labeled "Victorian Fruit")
For me it evokes baking and hanging out the laundry with my great-grandma, who was never without her apron in the house or garden! The gorgeous hand embroidered pockets are upcycled from what was once a table runner! I just love the flower baskets overflowing with posies...like a spring day of strolling and gathering and smelling and breathing deeply!

Adjustable neck and waist ties, so FITS TO SIZE 16. Long length.
I HAVE MORE OF THIS FABRIC FOR ONE MORE APRON IF YOU WANT A SMALLER, SHORTER APRON or A CHILD'S APRON TO MATCH. POCKETS WOULD BE A DIFFERENT VINTAGE EMBROIDERY

Pre-shrunk. Machine wash cool to warm. Tumble dry low, or hang it on the line like grandma did for a fantastic fresh smell!


This amazing sock monkey is from ThankYouDonnie


 
Genuine Two Headed Sock Monkey! Unique Mother's Day Gift!
Flowers? Yes
Chocolates? Sure, why not?
But really, nothing says "I love you Mom" like a two headed circus side show....
Mom will understand, you've always been the weird one in the family anyway.
These ladies are about 20" long from heads to toes. They are made from 2 pairs of Rockford Red Heel socks and are stuffed with new polyfil.
Their dress is upcycled velvet from somewhere, maybe off the elephant's headdress, I don't know.
Their hats are mismatched gaudy clip on earrings from my stash of mismatched gaudy clip on earrings.
They like to wear lots of costume jewelry and flirt with your boyfriend.
They have boobies.
Not intended as a toy for children.
(No real monkeys were harmed in this process)

The last artist is mulberrymoose


 
Mom and Baby (snug in a little blanket)
New to the collection, Mini Marble Moms and Newborns.
Perfect for Mother's Day.

Mini Marble Friends came about from my enjoyment of making my marbled buttons.I thought it would be fun to make little characters in the same way. Thus, Mini Marble Friends were born. Each is hand sculpted, painted and glazed. I then add a little yarn hairdo or hat or accessories as the final touch.They are about 1 1/4 inches tall not including their hair or hat. Each is a one of a kind.  They are signed and dated on the bottom.
They are for decorative purposes and not intended to be used as a toy

0 comments:

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster